The best and worst sports quotes of 2012



THANKFULLY for us, most sportsmen and women have no idea when to shut up.
We bring you the best and worst sports quotes of 2012.
 
It was an absolute disaster, I can't believe we made it. We had to hire a private jet.
 
The people of Fiji may question your definition of disaster, Ryan Haller, but tee time at the Australian Open must be more stressful than we'd ever imagined.
 
It's difficult to compare it against anything else because it's one of the biggest sporting events, if not the biggest in the world.
 
Someone should probably point Sergio Garcia in the direction of the Olympics and World Cup, before he lines up in the Ryder Cup again.

If it's not working one way, you can kick them in the f***ing head.
 
Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson discusses the finer points of what it takes to compete in the UFC.

 
I say they're just f***ing w***ers. I cannot be doing with people like that.
 
Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins left us wondering what he really thought about people who accuse him of drug-taking.
It’s what I came here to do. I’m now a legend, I’m the greatest athlete to live.
Hard to argue with Usain Bolt's ego, after he won back to back 100m and 200m titles at the London Olympics.
 
If you played with me, ten years ago, I give to you every day one punch in your head.
 
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini wants to deliver star striker Mario Balotelli a special gift on behalf of the universe.
 
No, your mum has given me aids
 
And you have given us another reason not to respond to Twitter trolls,Brock McLean, after the Carlton midfielder copped a $5000 fine and a suspended one-match ban for that response to a punter who questioned whether he'd been delisted.
 
I think you'd have to be 'Blind Freddy' not to figure that one out.
 
McLean again, ensuring former club Melbourne stays at the bottom of the AFL ladder even longer by dobbing them in for tanking.

 
The only person who would have spent more time on the ice than me was Ben Cousins
Winter Olympic gold medalist Steven Bradbury probably should have tested his material before unleashing it at West Coast's season launch.
 
Miracles do happen in Manchester. Only this time it’s on this side of the road
 
Mancini sums the situation up perfectly after a remarkable series of events handed Man City the English Premier League title on the final day of competition.
 
I’ve put up with being racially vilified by this federation, being discriminated against on many teams. You think I waste my time running at training for fun? For this? No, they can have athletics. I don’t need to do this no more.
 
Australian 400m runner John Stephensen surprised everyone by unloading his thoughts for the millionth time time in his career, this time on Athletics Australia over its Olympic selection decisions. Sadly, this time he was probably right.
I threw out the big D word to him yesterday - disgraceful. There is no use sugar-coating something. He has to do the work. I’m sick and tired of tip-toeing around it.
Pat Rafter finally said what the rest of Australia was thinking after Bernard Tomic's lack of effort in losing to Andy Roddick at the US Open.
Why does the smh get a girl to write about rugby
Because she's more intelligent than you, David Campese. And she lives in 2012.
It wasn't as if I went out on the piss and got drunk and belted someone or was pissed the night before training. It was as simple as I slept in and that's what cost me.
Sacked Richmond player Daniel Connors misses the point entirely, and conveniently forgets his past list of indiscretions, as he is shown the door at the AFL club.

news.com.au